WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISS YOUR FLIGHT???
Normally, almost passengers know that they need to early arrive at the airport to prepare well for their trip. However, things are always good like what you want. Because of some reasons such as traffic jam, broken car, forgotten personal papers… you maybe arrive late and can’t accomplish all the formality at the airport to go boarding. What should you do in this case? Depending on the regulations of each airline, each situation and each class of ticket, your solution will be different. This article below is some information about the policies of 3 Vietnamese main airlines for these passengers if they miss their flight and some TripToday’s useful tips for you in this unwanted situation.
- WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN YOU MISS VIETNAM AIRLINES’S FLIGHT?
The first thing you need to do is stay calm, go to the service airport and ask for their assistance. For Vietnam Airlines, if you miss your flight within 30 minutes, you can change the flight time and flight date. Depending on the terms of your ticket, the fee for a change maybe vary:
- Flexible Business: Free
- Business Standard: Free
- Flexible Economy: Free
- Economy Standard: 600.000 VNĐ
- Economy Savings: No change allowed
- Promotional ticket: Usually changeable and refundable
- WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN YOU MISS VIETJET’S FLIGHT?
According to Vietjet’s regulations, all passengers must be present at the aircraft exit at least 30 minutes before the departure time. Otherwise, the passenger will lose their seat on this flight and all fares wouldn’t be refunded. If you arrive late at the airport within 40 minutes before the flight time (when the check-in desk closes), you can pay a sum of 440.000 VNĐ and transfer to the next flight (if this flight has available seats).
The passengers must complete all the formalities at the airport before 40 minutes for the domestic flight and at least 50 minutes for the international flight. You had better to arrive at the airport around 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
Viejet Air doesn’t permit the passenger to refund their ticket. The fees to change the flight time and date are 352.000 VNĐ/person/hop + different fares (if available) for both Economic and Promotional Class. The passengers in Skyboss Class can change free flight date and time.
- WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN YOU MISS JETSTAR’S FLIGHT?
Similar to Vietjet Air, Jetstar’s passengers must be present at the airport 40 minutes before the departure time for domestic flight and 50 minutes for international flight. Transfer fares depend on the type of ticket that you bought.
- Starter/Plus Class: 450.000 VNĐ for domestic flight and 1.100.000 VNĐ for international flight.
- Max class: Free
- WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN YOU MISS YOUR FLIGHT?
I can make sure with you that nobody want to miss his/her flight. So, if you, unfortunatalety, miss your flight, please never lose your temper and always remember some tips below to figure this problem out in the best way:
- You should get to the airport as quickly as possible. Then go to the check-in desk to inform this airline’s employees that you miss your flight. And if another flight are available, you need to choose one departure time appropriate with your itinerary, complete all the formalities and pay a sum to rebook your ticket.
- Although you are late for your flight, don’t forget your important personal papers. Especially, if you have a travel insurance, it’ll be very useful in this case. If you book your ticket through a ticket office or agent, please contact with them to ask their assistance. The office’s employees will advise you the best handling steps.
- Before deciding to change your ticket, you should discuss carefully with the staffs to get the best price.
- If you travel, you need to the hotel (where you’ll stay) of your late arrival and check-in time. In some cases, when you don’t let the hotel know that you’ll arrive late, they can cancel your booking. And if you go to visite your family/friend or have a business trip, please call immediately to your relatives/partners to inform them your arrival time. Don’t be embarrassed and forget this important thing.
Surely after reading our article, you’ll have more experience to handle if you miss your flight. We hope thạt it never happens to you and you’ll have safe flights!